2013 Winner of Victoria’s Best Master Planned Development
Watsons saw the tremendous opportunity to completely reconfigure the “standard” retarding basin required for the precinct and re-designed it into a spectacular linear landscaped wetland with the retarding basin hidden amongst extensive high amenity passive open space.
The project delivers:
- 1000 residential lots.
- Shopping centre including two major supermarkets and residents’ club facility.
- Primary school and 8ha of regional sporting facilities.
- Fully landscaped inclusive of wetlands, open water bodies and 9km of walking trails.
- Extensive Urban Art within the landscaped areas.
- Multi-award winning urban design with wetlands, integrated linear walking/cycling facilities and commercial centre with Marriott Waters’ Residents Club facility.
- Resolution of land compensation issues stemming from VicRoads acquisitions.
- Obtained all authority approvals, environmental/cultural heritage approvals and permits for all aspects of the project through to delivery.
- Comprehensive cadastral and detail surveys utilizing state of the art equipment ensured the project was based on a solid foundation of accurate data.
- Major as-constructed survey of the wetlands to satisfy referral authority requirements.
- Registration of over 1000 residential lots, common property, wetland reserves, commercial and school sites on a complex staged plan of subdivision.
- All aspects of the civil design including the linear wetlands.
- Construction supervision for the development.
- One of Melbourne’s first “3rd Pipe” recycled water systems.
- Melbourne Water drainage pipelines.
- A major branch sewer.
- A number of VicRoads signalised intersections.
“Marriott Waters is yet another example of Watsons leading the way in re-thinking complex land development problems to create win-win outcomes.” John Woodman, Watsons Director