Winner of the UDIA Award for “Master Planned Development” 2007
The project delivers:
- 1000 residential lots.
- A 900 berth marina with three dimensional titles – an Australian first.
- An activity centre.
- Salt water to fresh water interface fish ladder.
- Lowering of Marine Parade to underpass the marina channel allowing uninterrupted motor and sailboat access to Port Philip Bay.
Construction has commenced on the long awaiting Martha Cove Marina Village.
The 7ha Town Centre is the “missing heart” of the Martha Cove development and will feature a Plaza with restaurants and cafes to delight locals and visitors alike, luxury accommodation at The Moorings and The Boatyard offering full vessel servicing.
- Obtained all authority and Council approvals for the Martha Cove Development Plan including EES rezoning and planning permits.
- Resolved a multitude of issues including cultural heritage, nationally threatened fauna, coastal Crown Leases, lease of waterway channel over VicRoads road asset and creation of a complex Owners Corporation for harbour, channel and public areas.
- Obtained all authority approvals and permits to develop land in the Green Wedge Zone including waterway extensions and spoil disposal sites.
- Installed a series of TBMs surrounding and remote from the site to ensure stringent level control was maintained in an area susceptible to movement. This ensured that vertical control was preserved and construction tolerances could be monitored to achieve the best results.
- Performed a large scale cadastral survey to determine the title boundaries of the subject land as well as adjoining and neighbouring titles.
- Achieved registration of the complex staged plans of subdivision, comprising residential lots, common property and three dimensional building envelopes for berths within the harbour.
- Co-ordinated the community consultation process via public meetings and the Martha Cove Community Reference Group.
- Carried out the Superintendent’s role for the design and construct elements of the Martha Cove Development including the Marine Drive underpass and marina revetment walls.
- Designed all civil infrastructure works for the residential development including the outfall branch sewer, sewer pump stations and rising mains, and the relocation of major utility services.
- Designed the innovative Fish Ladder from the marina to the fresh water stream, saltwater recirculation system.
“I really think Melbourne is going to fall in love with this. I doubt there will ever be another development on this scale in Victoria – probably not in Australia. It has taken 18 years to get to this stage. No developer has that kind of patience anymore.” David Stafford, Indigo Group