A spectacular 700 berth marina and residential development on the west side of Port Phillip Bay
Watsons has played a key role in bringing the Wyndham Harbour project from its inception to realisation.
The project delivers:
- A marina and safe boat harbour of 700 berths with adjacent car parking and marina service area.
- Commercial and retail facilities including restaurants and cafes.
- Approximately 400 houses and 250 apartments.
- Extensive open space areas including rehabilitation of the coastal foreshore, extension of the Bay Trail and an integrated wetlands system.
- Creation of a sandy community beach in an area with limited beaches.
- EES – Preparation and approval of an extensive EES for coastal works.
- Project Management over a team of 24 specialist sub-consultants.
- Major issues resolved included development over an aquifer, dredging and land reclamation, EPBC Act species protection.
- Federal, State and Local Government approvals obtained.
- 10km survey and establishment of road alignments for the design of infrastructure from Werribee to Wyndham Harbour.
- Creation of complex Owners Corporation schedules for lots, berths and common property.
- Crown Lease documentation to support 99 year lease over Port Philip Bay.
- Key role in the initial design concepts, tendering and appointment of Design and Construct Contractor.
- Superintendent for the Design and Construct components.
- Major infrastructure designed for 10km extension from Werribee to Wyndham Harbour site.
- Wetlands and bioswale – full system designed.
“The key to the success of this project has been the strength of relationships (with our consultants). They have understood our requirements and really delivered results that live up to our vision.” Sonya Miller, Wyndham Harbour Pty Ltd